Horizon Aviation Center is the most modern aviation academy in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. It was founded in January 2014 with the purpose of providing the most sophisticated aviation training in this industry. Our services are aimed at anyone who dreams of the wonderful experience of flying, both professionally and for fun. We have the most sophisticated ships in PR. Our mission is to provide the safest and most effective training in the entire aeronautical industry.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
These aircrafts feature sophisticated ballistic parachute equipment, autopilot and digital cockpit system, among other safety features.
The PS-28 Cruiser is Type Certified for VFR Day operations according to EASA LSA regulations and can be fully commercially operated in all EASA countries or in countries where the PS-28 Cruiser obtained local CAA Type Certification. In April 2012, the PS-28 Cruiser was the very first aircraft to receive certification in the brand new category of Light Sport Aircraft with European General Aviation.
THE NEW BENCHMARK FOR FLIGHT TRAINING:
The PS-28 Cruiser is used extensively for flight training in Europe.
Current statistics show that around 70% of aircraft delivered by Czech Sport Aircraft are used by flight schools in a basic and advanced training role as well as for time building.
The excellent flight characteristics of the aircraft and robust construction of the airframe are perfectly suited to entry-level students and this makes the PS-28 Cruiser the ideal platform for training purposes. Due to the highest standards of safety, superior performance, ease of maintenance and low through-life operating costs the PS-28 Cruiser has quickly established itself as the new benchmark for flight training.
The facts on the market today clearly confirm the leadership of the
PS-28 Cruiser within the flight training segment of the Light Sport Aircraft market. As of December 2012, the PS-28 Cruiser was being used by more than 10 flight schools in Europe. When evaluating the success of the PS-28 Cruiser within Europe, it is important to consider that the aircraft only received EASA type
The Piper PA-28-180HP Cherokee is a family of light aircraft built by Piper Aircraft and designed for flight training, air taxi, and personal use. The PA-28 family of aircraft are all-metal, unpressurized, single-engine, piston-powered airplanes with low-mounted wings and tricycle landing gear. They have a single door on the copilot side, which is entered by stepping on the wing. This aircraft is equipped with the advanced Garming 696 GPS navigation system among other features.
Sport Pilot Training:
To earn a sport pilot certificate, you'll need to:
- Meet the minimum age requirement:
- Be able to read, write and understand English
- Hold a current and valid U.S. Driver's license as evidence of medical eligibility (Provided the FAA didn't deny, revoke or suspend your last medical certificate application). Alternatively, you can also use a third class airman's medical to establish medical fitness
- Pass an FAA sport pilot knowledge test, also known as the written test
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of training for an airplane; times vary for other aircraft types
- Pass an FAA sport pilot practical test, also known as the flight test or check ride
The holder of a valid sport pilot certificate may:
Private Pilot Training:
FAA Requirements to Obtain a Private Pilot Certificate:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English
- Obtain at least a third-class FAA medical certificate
- Receive and log ground training from an authorized instructor or complete a home-study course
- Pass a knowledge test with a score of 70% or better.
- Accumulate appropriate flight experience
- Receive a total of 40 hr. of flight instruction and solo flight time and demonstrate skill
- Successfully complete a practical (flight) test given as a final exam by an FAA inspector or designated pilot examiner and conducted as specified in the FAA's Private Pilot Practical Test Standards
Privileges and Limitations
- As a private pilot, you may not act as a pilot in command of an aircraft that is carrying passengers or property for compensation or hire, nor may you be paid to act as a pilot in command, except
- You may equally share the operating expenses of a flight with passengers, provided the expenses only involve fuel, oil, airport expenditures, or airplane rental fees
- If you are an aircraft salesperson and have at least 200 hr. of logged flight time, you may demonstrate an airplane in flight to a prospective buyer
- You may act as a pilot in command of a charitable, nonprofit, or community event flight described in 91.146, if the sponsor and pilot comply with the requirements of 91.146.
- You may be reimbursed for aircraft operating expenses that are directly related to search and location operations, provided the expenses involve only fuel, oil, airport expenditures, or rental fees, and the operation is sanctioned and under the direction and control of a local, State, or Federal agency; or an organization that conducts search and location operations
Commercial Pilot Training
Instrument Pilot Training
Flight Instructor Training:
Handbooks & Manuals:
We offer the following service in our San Juan School and also in our Mayaguez School:
START YOUR JOURNEY! REACH NEW HORIZONS BY CLICKING BELOW
Horizon Aviation Reservation System provides medical testing examination appointments.
Our medical examiner is authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration to provide pilot medical certificates.
Fill your application here: https://medxpress.faa.gov/medxpress/
Send your request here: info@Horizonaviationpr.com
Mayagüez Ground School
Date: June 3, 2017
Details: Classes will be held every Saturday starting June 3,
Hours: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- - - - - -
San Juan Summer Family Event
Date: June 24, 2017
Details: To be revealed soon!
Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- - - - - -
San Juan Ground School
Date: July 1, 2017
Details: Classes will be held every Saturday starting July 1
Hours: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Horizon Aviation Fernando Ribbas Dominicci Airport North Ramp San Juan PR 00907
Horizon Aviation Center Aeropuerto Eugenio María de Hostos, Mayaguez Puerto Rico